This cute 4 inch smartphone is still using MTK6575 and 4.0.4 ICS os and had common average performance with single core mtk6575. Likes this model because it fits perfectly in my small palm, but i really hate the default icon template brought by the default stock rom … so for you who own this device for sometime and want to try something new , here is the custom rom from me, it’s pretty fast and responsive after some tweak.
As before, cooked with dsixda rom kitchen, with ingredients as follows :
- sysctl tweak for increasing internet network performance (basically it’s a common network ip4 tweak from klixs, but it is working good on my galaxy nexus and nexus 7 custom rom)
- some battery saver tweak (forgot where i get this from, only copy paste-ing from my tomboy, sorry)
- some dalvikvm performance tweak (forgot too where i get this from, sorry)
- some gps performance tweak (from here)
- entropy generator tweak
- rooted with su, busybox, and SuperSU Chainfire included + unsecured boot.img
- init.d support (of course)
- some custom artwork
- deodexed all apps and framework
And here we go the custom rom :
MD5 : 403fe3132c7d3888885bf82152c8392e
And here is the steps to flash this custom rom to your axioo picopad GDK :
Requirement and Preparation :
- Read this thoroughly :
Your warranty is now void !!!
I am not responsible if you brick your phone, get stuck in a bootloop, or if your phone grows arms and tries to kill you. Flash at your own risk!
Please do some research if you have any concerns about risk of flashing a custom rom before continuing! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you!!
If you have any other objection, don’t bother to comment, just close this page!
- This custom ROM needs a custom recovery tp be flashed into, and here is the cwm recovery i build for this device : recovery-cwm-gdk
Flashing Process :
The steps to flash this custom rom is pretty straight forward :
- Download the custom rom from link above and copy it to the root of your sdcard, you may check it first with your file manager to confirm it was there. There are two sdcard storage on picopad GDK so you must know it’s at the internal sdcard or external sdcard. I prefer you put this on external sdcard to avoid any difficulties.
- Boot into clockworkmod CWM recovery mode by turning off your phone, hold down Volume + button then press power button, hold them both until you feel a long vibration then release it, the axioo logo will appear. Wait a sec or two … then you’re in cwm recovery mode. You can navigate it through the menu using volume + and – button, and to executing the highlight menu you can press power button.
- BACKUP your stock rom and data using nandroid backup first !!!
- Choose Wipe Data / Factory reset and execute it
- Choose Wipe cache partition and execute it
- Go to Advanced menu, choose Wipe Dalvik Cache and execute it
- Go back to main menu, and choose Install zip from sdcard menu and execute it
- If you were put the custom rom on the internal sdcard, then choose Install from internal sdcard, otherwise choose Install from external sdcard. Navigate to the custom rom location and execute it. There will be a confirmation once again, and of course choose Yes.
- After the installation completed, go back to main menu and choose Reboot System Now
Here is the result after flash :
Enjoy your PICOpad GDK.