Before reading this article, please take some time to read my article about my 32bit custom rom for this device so you know the whole story : custom rom lollipop 5.1 for axioo Venge X
This new year, axioo releasing the 64bit version os for this Venge X model, it’s a nice update with some performance boost from 64bit architecture and you may get it from your nearest it-clinic to upgrade from your 32bit version os.
The partition layout scheme is definitely different between 32bit and 64bit os version, and it needs to flash using spflashtool. You have to contact it-clinic for the 64bit stockrom not only because you need to reflashing it, but also because the phone parameters needs to be backup from the 32bit device and restore them later after using 64bit os version. If you don’t do that, your device will loose the IMEI number and you cannot make a phone call, please pay attention on this, you’ve been warned.
I suggest you to leave all of this hassles by visiting it-clinic and ask for 64bit upgrade os for your safety, but if you’re insist because you’re an advanced user then you may scroll to bottom, I write some how to backup phone parameter safely using twrp recovery.
This custom rom is only for whom already use the 64bit stock rom from axioo and here we go the custom rom :
Download : venge_x_arm64_signed_110116.zip MD5 : 2ce40dd059aebeb3ab61e30b5b3121a0 UPDATE 29 Jan 2016 : Download : venge_x_arm64_signed_290116.zip MD5 : 8beb975ba335d6ceb8a5221c485d8644
- Sync to axioo stock rom v02 Venge_X_EEA0_SW20160127
- Gesture Control added
- OverHeat protection
UPDATE 08 Mar 2016 :
Download : venge_x_arm64_signed_080316.zip
MD5 : b33ca85921e81299bb64e56f48bff966
- Sync to axioo stock rom v06 Venge_X_EEA0_SW20160303
- Camera color temp improvement
- Update all google framework + root
UPDATE 25 June 2016 :
Download : venge_x_arm64_250716-signed.zip
MD5 : b48f5aec8a92ef43d0f7e2e487c5e621
- Fix sometimes “Optimizing apps … xx of xx” on reboot, ART corrupt issue.
- Fix meta data permission
- Update all google framework + root to the latest
(due to my limited space to host all the roms update, I will delete old updates and left only the two most recent releases)
Requirement and Preparation :
- Read this thoroughly :
I am not responsible if you brick your phone, get stuck in a bootloop, or if your phone grows arms and tries to kill you. Flash at your own risk!
Please do some research if you have any concerns about risk of flashing a custom rom before continuing! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you!!
If you have any other objection, don’t bother to comment, just close this page!
- I repeat, This custom rom need a 64bit stockrom partition layout from axioo. You must already use the 64bit os version from axioo before flashing this custom rom. Please visit nearest axioo itclinic or support center for the 64bit stock rom if you’re still using 32bit version.
- This custom rom need a 64bit custom recovery to flashed into the device, the 32bit custom recovery isn’t compatible with this custom rom, if you haven’t got it, get it here : custom recovery for axioo Venge X arm64
Flashing Process :
The steps to flash this custom rom is easy and straightforward, please make sure you follow the steps carefully :
- Preparing custom rom zip : Download the custom rom from link above and copy it to the root of your sdcard, you may check it first with your file manager to confirm it was there. There are two sdcard storage on this device, so you must know it’s at the internal sdcard or external sdcard. I prefer you to put this on external sdcard to avoid any difficulties.
- Get into Recovery : Boot into recovery mode by turning off your phone, hold down Volume Up button then press power button, hold them both until you see the recovery menu then release it. The recovery menu will show about 3 options, Recovery, Fastboot and Normal Mode. Select the Recovery options using Volume Up button and press Enter using Volume Down button. Wait a sec or two … then you’ll be in recovery mode.
- Factory Reset : Choose Wipe and do Factory Reset.
- Install the custom rom zip : Go to Install, choose the storage location where you put the custom rom on step 1 and install it.
- Installation completed : After the installation completed, choose Reboot System
Here is the screenshots :
Another Notes :
XPosed Framework :
This custom rom also support Xposed Framework, and here is how to install it on lollipop :
- Get the latest Xposed Framework installer zip : http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=3034811
make sure you choose the 64bit package xposed-v78-sdk22-arm64.zip since this custom rom is 64bit arch and flash it from recovery.
- After flashing the Xposed Installer, you will also need the Xposed Module Manager application XposedInstaller_3.0_alpha4.apk to manage all of your xposed module. Download it from the same link as above and install it.
- Check if the Xposed framework installed correctly and happy customizing.
How to backup / restore phone parameter :
Like I already explain on the beginning of this article, this customrom needs 64bit partition layout scheme from 64bit axioo stockrom. Because the partition layout is change and need to be re-flash then we need to backup all the phone parameter before the re-flashing progress begin so it won’t get lost.
You can backup all the phone parameter using my 32bit TWRP recovery and backup this 11 partitions while you’re still on 32bit version os :
- FRP partition 1Mb
- lk partition 512kb
- nvdata partition 32Mb
- nvram partition 5Mb
- para partition 512kb
- proinfo partition 3Mb
- protect1 partition 11kb
- protect2 partition 9kb
- secro partition 6Mb
- tee1 partition 5Mb
- tee2 partition 5Mb
You do not need to backup /system, /cache, /data, /recovery and /boot because it will not needed on 64bit version and will be replaced.
After backing up all of those partitions on the sdcard, make sure it’s safe by copying to your notebook or pc because you don’t want to loose important backup of your phone do you ? especially, let’s say if you mistakenly formatting the sdcard on recovery or some kind of stupid things like that.
Now, since you already had a backup of your phone parameters including your important imei and misc radio nvdata things, then you are safe. You can continue flashing the 64bit axioo stockrom safely, re-injecting my 64bit TWRP recovery and restore all the phone backup parameter after it.
DO NOT restore the backup parameter to another device other than your phone!!!, it contains specific data such an IMEI, mac addr and specific phone parameter. The backup is only valid for that device.