I promise to create this repartition mods for all of you but cannot find the device to borrow for several weeks, until now. Meet my friend who own this model and he doesn’t mind I borrow it for couple of hours, so i made two repartition mods for 2.1Gb and 5.7Gb internal storage.
Since not all users following this blog, i think it’s better to explain first why do we need this mod. Okay, let’s begin with the question : Why do we need to re partitioning the internal storage into a bigger one ? The answer is pretty simple, so we can install much more applications into internal storage area without having to use app2sd feature, in case just to extend the internal storage space while we need more room for a bunch of apps. By making 2Gb size for the internal storage then you have a plenty of space to accomodate many more apps without having to use “move to sd” feature when you’re running out of space storage for apks.
The hack mods is pretty self explanatory, it will replace the extended MBR (EBR) which contains the partition scheme on the device with the new size for internal storage (usrdata partition) and adjusting the phone storage (fat partition) size so it will not affecting other partition. The other important system wide partition will stay intact so it won’t risk any overlapping partition scheme.
Furthermore, I made two repartition mods for this model which is 2.11Gb and 5.77Gb internal with a reason. Which one is for me? If you don’t have external storage sdcard mmc attached to this device, then use the 2.11Gb, you can install many apps including big games and you still have a plenty of room 5.24Gb for your data such as photos, videos, musics and documents. But if you’re inserting a permanent external sdcard for this device, then why waste the space for the data? they can go into external sdcard and you can use all the remaining storage for many applications and use 5.77Gb internal storage repartition mods.
Here is the repartition mod zip :
2.11Gb internal storage : signed_jfmod2.1gbinternal-7h.zip
5.77Gb internal storage : signed_jfmod5.77gbinternal-7h.zip
Revert to original : signed_jfmod-revert2ori-7h.zip
- This repartition mod is specifically only for PICOpad 7H !!! Only do this mod if you were using Kitkat 4.4.2 stock rom from axioo or my custom ROM. I repeat, DO NOT attempt to use this mod on other device, it will crash your device!!
Check your current OS Build Number version first before doing this, Go to Settings -> About -> Build Number. It must show something like this : PICOpad_7H_xxx_xxx
- Read this thoroughly :
Your warranty is now void !!!
I am not responsible if you brick your phone, get stuck in a bootloop, or if your phone grows arms and tries to kill you. Flash at your own risk!
Please do some research if you have any concerns about risk of flashing a custom mod before continuing! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you!!
If you have any other objection, don’t bother to comment, just close this page!
How to use :
- Download and copy the zip file to your external sdcard
- Backup the content of the phone storage into your computer!! We will format this partition, so it is irreversible.
- Backup all your applications, documents or any other files you may find important to you, because we will factory resetting the device later. … and yeah, your all high score game will lost.
- Reboot into CWM or TWRP custom recovery
- Backup your system using nandroid backup !! if something bad happen, you can always restore the previous backup without problem. you’ve been warned.
- Install the repartition mod zip file
- Go back to Home screen, and do Factory Reset !!! (Do NOT forget to factory reset or you’ll get into bootloop)
- Reboot the system
The first boot will take a little longer since the OS needs to populate again the new data partition after we formatted them. When I say a little longer, it doesn’t mean a couple of hours or years, it’s only a minute or two, maybe less. After boot completed, go to Settings page, and select Storage, and you will see your internal storage will resize to 2.1Gb or 5.7Gb. To make it clear here is the capture before and after repartition mod :
okay, enough for now, have fun and enjoy extra large space on your PICOpad 7H !!